We are often asked by customers if their ET Pest Control unit can be used against rodents in a basement or crawl space.
Yes, you can absolutely use these in an attic and/or crawl space. They are not affected by heat nor cold, so they can sit in a broiling Arizona Attic or a freezing Alaskan Crawl space just fine.
Step 1. Notice that there are rodent droppings or tracks in your basement, crawl space, garage, etc. Gross!
Step 2. Take the ET Pest Control out of the Box and adjust the settings to safely repel Bats:
Range - Low
Pitch - Var
Output - CONT
Step 3. Plug into an extension cord.
Step 4a. If the basement or crawl space is unfinished:
- Lay the ET Pest Control unit on its side with its back against a wall and with the speakers aimed out into the open area where the rodents are moving around or entering and exiting the area.
Step 4b. If you can't get close to the bats because of an semi-finished wall or other obstacles:
- Use an extension cord and place the ET inside of a box/flower pot/container set on its side with the open end of the container and the ET speakers aimed out towards the problem area. The open container will act like a megaphone and help direct the sound.
Step 4c. If you are unable to get yourself into the crawl space.
- Use an extension cord to lower the ET into the area.
- Try setting up the ET in the room directly above the space. Not all of the sound will be able to penetrate the floor, but some customers have success this way.
- Set up the ET on an extension cord outside of the building, with the speakers aimed up at the crack/vent/opening where the rodents are entering and exiting.
Step 5. Run the unit for 10-14 days.
- If the rodents have gone, great! Keep the same settings and continue running the ET as a preventative measure against future rodent encroachment.
- If the rodents are still hanging around, please change the Pitch Setting to Fixed and contact us so we can work with you to discuss placement, settings, and a plan of action going forward.
We are here to help you!